Purina® Amplify® High-Fat Horse Supplement
Formulated for horses that need extra calories from fat for weight gain, conditioning, competition, showing and sales preparation. Also appropriate for stallions and gestating and lactating mares.
Features & Benefits
Including Vitamin E to help address the damaging effects of free radicals
Controlled starch allows you to feed less
To help ensure optimal uptake
Immune System Support
Optimal fatty acid profile helps support the immune system and to promote optimum skin and hair coat
Nutritionally balanced with protein, vitamins and minerals
With protein, vitamins and minerals to maintain the nutritional balance of the horse’s total ration when added to a concentrate feed and forage diet
Proprietary Extruded Particle
For easy digestion and optimal calorie absorption
Shine and Bloom
Essential fatty acids promote optimal skin and hair coat
Weight Gain and Endurance
30% fat from rice bran, flax seed and vegetable oils provides extra calories and helps maintain stamina
- Begin with 1 pound per day feeding rate; gradually increase by 0.5 pound/day every two days until the desired feeding rates are achieved.
- Maximum feeding rate for most horses should be 4 pounds of Amplify® High-Fat Supplement per day.
- Changes in feeding programs should be made gradually over a period of 10 to 14 days.
- Begin feeding 60 days prior to competition, sale, show or breeding season.
- Horses have varying acceptance of higher-fat diets and supplements, and as the fat level in the diet is increased, some horses may begin to show diminished intake. If that occurs, reduce the feeding rate or try blending Amplify® High-Fat Supplement with a small amount of sweet feed.
- If your horse is sensitive to dietary soluble carbohydrates, please consult with a veterinarian or nutritionist for a recommended diet.
- Adequate forage is necessary to maintain normal digestive function in the horse.
- Provide a minimum of 1 lb. per 100 lbs. body weight per day of hay or the equivalent in pasture.
- Prevent the rapid eating of any feedstuffs by the horse.
- Observe your horse’s condition daily and consult your veterinarian immediately if any problems arise.
- Amplify® High-Fat Supplement is to be used as a supplement. Amplify® High-Fat Supplement is not to be used as an ingredient in manufacturing feed.